When you think of a hot tub or spa, you likely think of relaxation and stress relief. Those certainly are some benefits, but there are so many more than that. Warm water therapy features three main healing factors: heat, buoyancy, and massage.
When blending all three of these elements into one, you get a relaxing experience that relieves stress AND provides a variety of health benefits. In fact, hot water therapy is great for anything from joint pain and muscle pain to sleeping disorders and stress.
The Top Health Benefits of Hot Tubs and Spas
- Muscle and joint pain. The effects of hydrotherapy on the muscles and joints cannot be denied. In fact, many athletes use hot tubs to loosen and relax the skin and muscles due to increased blood circulation to injured areas. Not only can this feel good, but it also brings a flood of nutrients to repair any damage.
- Stress and sleep. When the body is massaged by warm water, it releases endorphins that cut down on stress. Those hydrotherapy jets also work to dilate blood vessels and keep headaches at bay. Having trouble falling asleep? Try soaking in hot water before going to bed to ease the transition so you get a better night’s sleep with restorative benefits.
- Arthritis. Suffer from arthritis? You may find no better relief than immersing yourself in hot tubs &r spas. The Arthritis Foundation says soaking in warm water is a great form of alternative therapy that works for all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions, including fibromyalgia, arthritis, and lower back pain. Not only does it make the joints feel looser, but it also reduces the force of gravity compressing the joints, decreases swelling and inflammation, and increases circulation.
- Diabetes. Hydrotherapy has been proven to control the effects of diabetes. Soaking in a spa for a half hour a day can drop the average blood sugar level by 10 to 15 percent. The use of hot tubs on a daily basis can lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels to result in a higher quality of life for diabetics.
- Multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy. Spas and hot tubs provide muscle relaxing and joint loosening benefits to those with debilitating muscle diseases such as multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy. It can also help with depression, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, bursitis, tendonitis and scoliosis.
Elevate Your Lifestyle with a Hot Tub
With so many hydrotherapy studies revealing the health benefits of hot tubs and spas, there’s no reason you shouldn’t get one for yourself. Imagine, immersing yourself in warm water with massage jet action, relaxing your muscles, lowering your blood pressure, and even loosening your joints. It’s time to de-stress today, so call National Pools and Spas for more information on what we offer. From Sundance to Marquis, we have the best brand for you! Call 908-874-6666.